My about page is pretty vague and I seem to be pretty closefisted when it comes to sharing about me – So I thought it was time for a top 10 (or 20) not so interesting facts about me 🙂
- My name is Sarah – I’ve always hated my name. There was always another Sarah in my classes. Hence – Jaia and Rowan. I even went so far once as to change my name spelling to Cera like a dinosaur in some children’s movie.
- Jaia’s name came from a mantra (Jaia jaia Devi Mata) – and Rowan’s from an Anne Rice novel
- I’m also named for my mother and grandmother – which I love – Rose is my middle name – Magdalene is my confirmation name for my Paternal grandmother
- I was raised Catholic but consider myself recovering now
- I am a total introvert with extrovert tendencies I think. I love to be out and about a lot of times but you’ll always find me at the back observing wherever I am.
- I think I look a lot like my grandma who passed away when I was in grade school.
- I have curly hair and an inherited large nose (my grandma). I’ve always had huge self confidence issues because of it.
- My oldest started riding horses at age 7. But I refused to get on a horse until MY 3o’s – she was 11. My horse of choice -A Belgian named Big Girl. No chance of me falling off!
- My father is deaf but does not use sign language
- My husband and I met working at the boarding school for hearing impaired children my father attended as a child.
- I am totally embracing my 40’s – having just breached that milestone on the 15th of February – I’m embracing color in my wardrobe and trying to leave my comfort zone behind
- I love to read all genres EXCEPT westerns –
- I love cycling and yoga- they are my lifesavers! I had dreams when I was younger of being the first woman to ride the Tour de France.
- I love to cook but I bake only when I need to.
- I’m not a soda drinker unless it’s a Sproda from a local coffee shop- or if it has ice-cream floating in it
- I am an Austen Movie Fan
- I am a Star Wars fan – the originals – not the new ones they made in the 2000’s
- I co-slept, baby wore and nursed both of my girls.
- I’ve lived in Missouri the entirety of my life but would really, really love to move away –
- My bucket list will be complete in one month. There’s only one thing on it 🙂
- I have tried sewing, knitting, crocheting, embroidery, tincture making, beading, tatting……….
- I hate the color Navy because all the uniforms I wore growing up were navy.
There you have it 🙂 I’m not soo exciting 🙂 and maybe 22 facts!